Work Program 2009-2010
The emphasis of the 2009-2010 Work Program for SLoCaT was on: (a) building the organization. This included a survey among the membership of SLoCaT, and (b) to make a start with activities on:
Transport data and GHG assessment
- A submission was made on transport data by SloCaT to CSD 18 session.
- Surveys were initiated by ADB and IDB on availability and quality of national transport data in Asia and Latin America.
- A contact group on transport data was established to promote future coordination on transport data
Post 2012 Climate Instruments and their applicability to the transport sector
- SLoCaT through the conveners office and a number of its members conducted a comprehensive study on the applicability of post 2012 climate instruments to the transport sector .
- The Bridging the Gap initiative, which under the SLoCaT Partnership takes the lead on integrating climate change and transport in the climate negotiations produced a number of position paper, especially on NAMAs.
Financing of sustainable, low carbon transport in developing countries
- SLoCaT initiated a think piece: “Paradigm shift towards sustainable transport. Financing the Vision ASAP” which was supported by ITDP and implemented by TRL
Outreach and Policy Dialogue
- A submission was made on policy options for transport by SLoCaT to CSD 18 session
- SLoCaT was invited to a range of meetings, workshops and conference to present or comment on the topic of transport and climate change.
Transport & Sustainable Development
- December 7, 2014 , Lima , Peru
- September 22, 2014 , New York , United States of America
- July 7, 2014 , New York , United States of America
- May 22, 2014 , Leipzig , Germany
- April 7, 2014 , Medellin , Colombia
- April 5, 2014 - April 11, 2014 , Medellin , Colombia
- January 15, 2014 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- January 13, 2014 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- January 8, 2014 , New York , United States of America
- January 7, 2014 , New York , United States of America