Work Program 2009-2010
The emphasis of the 2009-2010 Work Program for SLoCaT was on: (a) building the organization. This included a survey among the membership of SLoCaT, and (b) to make a start with activities on:
Transport data and GHG assessment
- A submission was made on transport data by SloCaT to CSD 18 session.
- Surveys were initiated by ADB and IDB on availability and quality of national transport data in Asia and Latin America.
- A contact group on transport data was established to promote future coordination on transport data
Post 2012 Climate Instruments and their applicability to the transport sector
- SLoCaT through the conveners office and a number of its members conducted a comprehensive study on the applicability of post 2012 climate instruments to the transport sector .
- The Bridging the Gap initiative, which under the SLoCaT Partnership takes the lead on integrating climate change and transport in the climate negotiations produced a number of position paper, especially on NAMAs.
Financing of sustainable, low carbon transport in developing countries
- SLoCaT initiated a think piece: “Paradigm shift towards sustainable transport. Financing the Vision ASAP” which was supported by ITDP and implemented by TRL
Outreach and Policy Dialogue
- A submission was made on policy options for transport by SLoCaT to CSD 18 session
- SLoCaT was invited to a range of meetings, workshops and conference to present or comment on the topic of transport and climate change.
- November 17, 2013 , Warsaw , Poland
- June 19, 2013 - June 21, 2013 , Berlin , Germany
- May 21, 2013 , The Hague , Netherlands
- May 17, 2013 , Tunis , Tunisia
- April 25, 2013 , Bali , Indonesia
- April 23, 2013 - April 25, 2013 , Bali , Indonesia
- April 18, 2013 , Nairobi , Kenya
Seminar-Sustainable Transport: Role of the IDB’s Strategy in Global Development and the Climate AgendaApril 10, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- April 9, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- April 8, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America