Rio+20 Voluntary Commitments on Sustainable Transport
Rio+20 is a conference about implementation, and an important part of that is making and delivering commitments. Commitments are invited from various stakeholders, including business and industry, other Major Group organizations, associations, academic institutions, philanthropic organizations, UN entities, partnerships involving more than one stakeholder, and Member States. These will be compiled into an online compendium of commitments on the Rio+20 website.
SLoCaT is actively supporting the initiative by several of its members as well as other organizations to develop Voluntary Commitments related to Sustainable Transport. Such Voluntary Commitments support and give meaning to the campaign of SLoCaT to ensure that the Rio+20 conference will act as a catalyst for the scaling up and mainstreaming of sustainable transport in developing and emerging economies.
The Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) together with its members is making these voluntary commitments to deliver concrete results for sustainable transport and sustainable development:
- Asian Development Bank and partners: Commitment to Sustainable Transport
- Clean Air initiative for Asian Cities (CAI Asia), Secretariat for Green Freight Europe: European Shippers’ Council (ESC) and EVO Dutch Shippers’ Council, Sustainable Supply Chain Centre Asia Pacific (SSCCAP): Promoting Green Freight in Europe and Asia
- Dutch Cycling Embassy: Cycling
- EMBARQ: Scaling Up Sustainable Transport Solutions Worldwide
- FIA Foundation and partners: To promote the development and implementation of fuel economy standards and policies across the globe
- FIA Foundation and Partners: Protecting children from traffic injuries and improving their urban
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy and partners: Principles for Transport in Urban Life
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy and partners: Principles for Bus Rapid Transit Systems
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy and partners: Results-Based National Urban Transport Policy and Finance
- International Association of Public Transport (UITP): PTx2 Doubling the market share of public transport worldwide by 2025
- German International Cooperation: CAPSUT – “Capacity Building on Sustainable Urban Transport"
- International Road Assessment Program (iRAP): Creating a world free from high risk roads
- UIC - International Union of Railways, and participating members: UIC Declaration on Sustainable Mobility
- United Nations Center for Regional Development (UNCRD) and partners: Promoting Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) on behalf of the Partnership for Clean Fuels and Vehicles (PCFV) "Promote and support the reduction of PM/BC emissions from transport through the introduction of cleaner, low sulphur fuels and cleaner vehicles through adoption of vehicle emissions standards"
- UN-HABITAT and partners: Building Institutional and Political Capacity for Urban Sustainable Mobility
- Velo Mondial and Partner: Pas-port to Mobility
If you would like to add a voluntary commitment on sustainable transport please contact firstname.lastname@example.org