No Related News
Friends of Sustainable Transport Lunch discussion: "Sustainable Transport and its role in poverty eradication".
Posted by cornie on 15 February 2013 - 11:17am
The Missions of Thailand and the Netherlands in cooperation with UN_DESA, hosted an informal lunchtime meeting as a follow-up to the panel discussion on Sustainable Transport held at the Netherlands Mission on 19th of November 2012.
The topic for the meeting was "Sustainable Transport and its role in poverty eradiction".
The panel was composed of:
- Enrique Penalosa, former Mayor Bogota, Colombia - Main Speaker
- Robert Guild, Director for Pacific Strategy and Special Operations, Asian Development Bank-Commentator
- Michael Reploge, Managing Director, Institute of Transportation and Development Policy-Commentator
- Cornie Huizenga, Joint Convener, Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport (SLoCaT) - Commentator
- Andreas Kopp, Lead Transport Economist in the Energy, Transport and Water Department
Background document: Alleviating Poverty through Sustainable Transport and its relevance for the post 2015 Global Development Agenda