Work Program 2013-2014
“From Breakthrough to Breakout”. After having realized an internal consensus in the transport community on the need for more sustainable, low carbon transport and realizing a convergence around the “Avoid-Shift-Improve” as the new paradigm for development of transport infrastructure and services in the context of sustainable, low carbon development the emphasis of the SLoCaT Partnership will now shift to bringing the wider development community on-board and promote the rapid scaling up of sustainable, low carbon transport solutions.
The overall goal for SLoCaT aim is “Universal Access to Clean, Safe and Affordable Transport”. To realize this, countries and cities will have to take action through policy and regulatory actions and enabling financing. On the ground sustainable transport programs and projects are required from government, private sector as well as domestic and international development organizations.
SLoCaT will in the coming 2 years continue to promote the integration of sustainable transport in the interlinked themes of Sustainable Development and Climate Change Mitigation. Progress on this will help to advance the cause of sustainable, low carbon transport at the national and city level. In addition, SLoCaT will also actively support Regional intergovernmental Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) Forums in Africa, Asia and Latin America. These EST Forums are recognized as another important means to influence national and local action on sustainable, low carbon transport.
Table 1 SLoCaT, Main Themes, Goals and Indicators
SLoCaT Process Indicators
1. Contribution of sustainable, low carbon transport is fully acknowledged in the post 2015 global development agenda and associated goals
Climate Change Mitigation
Regional EST Forums
3. Developing countries and cities take action on realizing sustainable, low carbon transport
See Final version of the SLoCaT 2013-2014 Work Program
- November 17, 2013 , Warsaw , Poland
- June 19, 2013 - June 21, 2013 , Berlin , Germany
- May 21, 2013 , The Hague , Netherlands
- May 17, 2013 , Tunis , Tunisia
- April 25, 2013 , Bali , Indonesia
- April 23, 2013 - April 25, 2013 , Bali , Indonesia
- April 18, 2013 , Nairobi , Kenya
Seminar-Sustainable Transport: Role of the IDB’s Strategy in Global Development and the Climate AgendaApril 10, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- April 9, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America
- April 8, 2013 , Washington, DC , United States of America