Macao International Environmental Co-operation Forum & Exhibition (MIECF)
March 21, 2013 to March 24, 2013, 9:00am-5:00pm
Macau, SAR, China
Event website: http://www.macaomiecf.com/miecf2013/
The sixth edition of the Macao International Environmental Co-operation Forum & Exhibition (MIECF) will continue to serve as a high-powered platform to promote solutions for a low carbon future and sustainable city development. Initiated and actively led by the Government of the Macao Special Administrative Region (Macao SAR), MIECF is strategically positioned to nurture business, technology and information exchange and co-operation between the Pan-Pearl River Delta Region in Southern China and the international markets.
2012MIECF enjoyed the support of the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Environmental Protection of the People’s Republic of China as the Special Supporting Organizations. MIECF is also co-organized by the provincial/regional governments of the 9+2 region of the Pan-Pearl River Delta, namely Fujian, Jiangxi, Hunan, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Yunnan and Hong Kong. The strong support from these governments cements MIECF as the business and technology exchange platform for the move towards sustainable development in the region.
21 March: 16:00 - 17:30 PM: Concepts and Challenges for Sustainable Urban Mobility
Moderator: Mr. Daniel M. Cheng, President of Hong Kong Environmental Industry Association, Deputy Chairman of Federation of Hong Kong Industries
Challenges and Best Practices for Sustainable Urban Mobility
- Mr. Cornie Huizenga, Joint Convener, Partnership on Sustainable. Low Carbon Transport
- Mr. David Chou, Managing Director, EV World PTE Ltd
Can Asia have more Sustainable Urban Transport?
- Mr. Karl Fjellstrom, Regional Director, East & Southeast Asia Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Prof. Thomas Bräunl, Director WA Electric Vehicle Trial, The University of Western Australia
- Prof. Wu Ye, Associate Professor, School of Environment, Tsinghua University, Beijing