Transport Day 2013 @COP 19
November 17, 2013, 9:00am-7:00pm
Hyatt Regency Warsaw Hotel, Warsaw, Poland
- Partnership on Sustainable, Low Carbon Transport
- Bridging the Gap Initiative
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
To ensure better integration of transport and to make NAMAs a success for transport it is important to engage stakeholders – therefore BtG and SLoCaT will organize Transport Day at the COP meetings in 2013-2015. Transport Day 2013 will be on November 17, 2013 in Warsaw, Poland (COP 19) and its objectives are:
- To promote the integration of transport in policy making on climate change mitigation and adaptation under the UNFCCC;
- To demonstrate the contribution that transport can make to mitigation and adaptation, specifically in the context of sustainable development;
- To ensure that modalities for financing, capacity building, and technology transfer under the UNFCCC are appropriate for the transport sector.
If you would like to be part of Transport Day 2013 contact Cornie Huizenga (cornie.huizenga[at]slocatpartnership.org) or Heather Allen (hallen[at]trl.co.uk)
To learn more about Transport Day 2013, please read Concept Note Transport Day 2013.